Position: Accountant/Office Manager
Pay Range: DOE
Accountant/Office Manager is responsible for the management of the financial systems of our client. This is to include AP/AR, accounting related customer service, the preparation and making of bank deposits, producing a variety of financial reports for the BoD, CEO and key staff, orders and maintains inventory of necessary supplies, processing of payroll, and other related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accounts payable and receivable functions
- Process Business Property Tax Report.
- Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings
- Keep complete, up-to-date and accurate records of accounts, membership records, and financial arrangements for the company
- Verify and enter information into bookkeeping & membership systems, balance the accounts, and compile a variety of reports and financial statements
- Compile and post employee time and payroll data
- Compute employees’ time worked, post wages and deductions, process paychecks, and tax reports, maintain employee files
- Perform inventory control functions
- Quarterly reports 940, 941, ESC. · Annual reports W2, W3, 1099, 1096, State Survey.
- Research suppliers and compile pricing information and other records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of materials and services.
- Gather data, compose, and type letters in reply to requests for credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, etc.
- File correspondence, time cards, invoices, receipts, and other records
- Locate and remove material from file when requested or when purge is appropriate
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on financial procedures and/or policies
- Maintain master company calendar
- Assist CEO with annual budget preparation
- Produce financial reports as requested
- Maintain Depreciation Schedule
- Maintain Bank Account Statements & Investment Portfolio
- Perform Annual year-end reconciliation & close-out
- Audit all G/L entries, prepaid insurance, legal, vacation pay, inventory count, checking account, investment accounts, depreciation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, petty cash, and all other financial accounts.
- Work closely with outside accountant to implement adjustments
- Run inventory reorder reports for main office & Valley branch.
- Reorder all inventories and process all purchase orders.
- Roster Changes – Populate and manage Participant & Firm data across all in-house computer systems, Add, delete, transfer, and change address, phones, email, names, designations, billing types and locations for all licensees, appraisers, affiliates, and their offices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major Accounting or Finance.
- Three or more years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Excel and Word, QuickBooks, and membership management software.
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Ability to use office equipment, such as computer, copier, calculator, fax machine & multi-function telephone
- Ability to interface with a variety of individuals in a personable style
- Strong verbal, organization, interpersonal, problem solving, and writing skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of real estate industry preferred.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED