Position: Network Administrator
Pay Range: DOE
Network IT Administrator with Enterprise VMWare experience (Super User)
- VMWare with vSAN and iSCSI experience to include
- Stand-up and support enterprise environment
- Must have experience with Version 5.5 or more recent.
- Knowledge of backup and recovery.
- Networking skills
- IP Addressing
- Switch configuration experience
- Server Administrator
- Active Directory
- File Server
- Permissions and Roles
- Security focus and awareness
- Can work as a team and potentially be a leader
- Juneau based, must work in the office, 24x7 production operation requires odd hours and on call support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining Windows OS updates utilizing WSUS, testing updates as necessary, and approving relevant updates.
- Troubleshooting server and end-user hardware and software in a Windows Server and Windows desktop OS environment.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and testing system backups.
- Maintaining user accounts in Active Directory and for “cloud” services.
- Microsoft Windows group policy maintenance.
- Maintaining standard system images and initially configuring and deploying new computers to end users.
- Supporting and maintaining remote user systems and VPN access.
- Providing prompt and friendly support for local users. Help maximize employees’ use and knowledge of computer applications.
- Providing training to users in company systems, including email access, file system structure, security requirements and procedures.
- Documenting systems and procedures.
- Cross training as required in other departments to develop understanding of systems and procedures.
- Assist with special IT projects as assigned.
- Occasional travel required
- Enterprise level and advanced experience in VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain administration
- VMWare vSAN
- D/b administration/SQL experience a major plus
- Basic knowledge of eCommerce
- Network, telecommunications, and IP phone system administration
- Printer deployment, administration, and support
- Data management and database administration
- Web services management
- Endpoint configuration and deployment
- Local and remote user support