Position: Customer Service Representative
Pay Range: DOE
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving and sorting Health and Welfare claims (Medical and Dental) for plan participants and their dependents (this involves scanning and mailing claims for processing)
- Contact the participant or the provider to obtain the necessary backup for the claims, draft letters to obtain needed information
- Answer participant and provider questions concerning status of payments, covered benefits, eligibility and other issues (heavy phone work and ability to work in person with participant walk-ins)
- Research and resolve payment questions to determine if a payment has been made and if the claim was processed correctly
- Assist with the maintenance of participant files, scanning projects, and projects office wide
- Assist with research and preparation of information for appeal meetings, stop-loss filings and subrogation cases
- Perform other duties as assigned
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience with Customer Service and/or employee benefits in an employer setting that utilizes multiple employee benefit programs a plus
- Strong customer service and phone skills required
- Experience on an AS400 and Microsoft Office a plus
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED