: Information Security Engineer
Provide security engineering support via network security design, analysis, testing and monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and correlate security events and implement counter-measures to mitigate against intrusion attacks.
- Research and recommend network security solutions, design, development, integration, testing, implementation and operational support of LAN, WAN, WLAN, network security focused infrastructure projects.
- Provide network security support and solution in the design, integration, deployment, and troubleshooting of enterprise implementations.
- Collaborate with the network engineering to analyze network security needs/requirements and develop/implement security standards/technical solutions.
- Research and indentify ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling.
- Design secure network architectures, virtualization technologies, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption technologies, DNS, SOA and web applications
- Provide security engineering recommendations and assist with planning and implementation of long term projects.
- Troubleshoot complex multi-network firewall policy issues that may include NAT points.
- Responsible for understanding of incident response methodologies and assist with coordinating security incident.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, cookies, authentication, virus scanning, web servers, and SSL/encryption.
- Decode and understand traffic flow using packet level traces (skilled with TCPDUMP, PCAPs, traffic generators, etc).
- Identify and reproduce common network and web site attacks such as SQL injection, cross site scripting, remote file inclusion and cookie manipulation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of authentication, session management, requests, and form submission processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge with server grade applications to include Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, and SQL.
- Perform IDS / IPS real-time monitoring analysis and/or network forensics.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory and audit mandates to ensure environments meet PCI, FFIEC, NCUA and industry standards.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Creditable Experience in Lieu of Education: Equivalent in technical training, certifications and/or work experience.
- Experience / Skills: One of the following industry security certifications is required: Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information System Security Professional, Certified Ethical Hacker, any Level 5 GIAC Certification or other advanced level certification. Ten to fifteen years demonstrable experience managing and implementing enterprise systems/networks. A minimum of eight years preferably ten years of experience with holistic security system engineering. Four to six years experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint solutions, proxy servers, web application firewall, security incident and event management systems, data loss prevention, routers, switches, subnet and VLAN’s desired. Must have experience with knowledge of SSL VPN Appliances and RSA SecurID Token environments, host based File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) solution like Tripwire or similar. Requires an in-depth knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and communication protocols in LAN/WAN deployments. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and coordinate multiple time-sensitive activities. Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED