: Experienced Nationally Certified Medical Biller and Coder
This role will provide timely and accurate coding of diagnoses, services and procedures performed by medical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews health reporting tools to identify all services and procedures performed by medical staff
- Assigns appropriate CPT-4 and HCPCS Level II codes.
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes
- Post surgeries, admit, and delivery charges.
- Post insurance and patient refunds.
- Prepares paper and electronic claims for submission to the appropriate payer.
- Follow up on commercial insurance claims.
- Process incoming Secure Messages from patients.
- Prepare documentation to support claims as needed.
- Runs reports weekly and updates alerts/demographics as needed.
- Answers patient questions, identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years coding and billing experience in a physician's office
- Must successfully complete internal proficiency examination
- Medicaid travel authorization experience
- Must have thorough knowledge of OB/GYN physician specialty coding
- In-depth knowledge of ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, HCPCS, and modifier usage.
- In-depth knowledge of third-party payer reimbursement policies and procedures
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment
- Knowledge of coding and billing programs and ability to use coding and claims software
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED