Position: Systems Engineer
Pay Range: DOE
The Systems Engineer supports the Senior Systems Manager in the management and development of various critical accounting applications and databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of Deltek: Costpoint on SQL 2016, Time & Expense, CER & IBM Cognos frameworks
- Software upgrades and modifications
- Develop complex reports using Cognos and/or Deltek CER
- Provide after-hours support as needed
- Assist in continued development of various ETL processes
- Evaluate and pursue more efficient solutions to existing processes
- Assist with activities related to planning, implementing, and managing Deltek systems
- Assist with documentation processes and procedural updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 7 years of experience in database architecture and design or:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in database architecture in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL 2008R2, 2012, and 2016.
- Intermediate software development skills.
- Experience in Business / Accounting functions and terminology.
- Expert level experience building financial reports and analytics.
- Proficient working with relational databases, structures, non-standardized and inefficient data structures, and ad-hoc query creation / reporting.
- IT technical infrastructure skills such as networking, networks, scripting, d/b architecture
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background, drug, and reference check.
- Experience working within multiple development models such as Waterfall, AGILE, etc.
- Superior Microsoft SQL experience, including advanced T-SQL query design and analysis, as well as a thorough understanding of relational architecture and how best to enhance its performance.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must have strong documentation skillset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and take direction and offer suggestions in a constructive manner
- Ability to work in a Native Corporation multi-business environment.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.