Position: Medical Records Technician
Pay Range: DOE
|Do you have at least 2 years medical records experience and looking to put your research and investigative skills to work? Consider this opportunity as a Medical Records Technician. The MRT is responsible for assisting and supporting the medical records department in researching, investigating, retrieving and assimilating information necessary to provide patient care. Support will be provided in gathering documentation, distributing mail, faxing and filing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides positive customer service
- Engages with fellow workers and supervisors in a professional manner
- Participates in educational programs to improve professional competence meeting organizational goals
- Maintains firm confidentiality and HIPPA requirements
- Gathering, analyzing and interpretation information for completeness and correctness
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate (additional education desirable)
- 2 years medical records experience a must
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Electronic Medical Records experience
- Computer literacy essential
- Exceptional interpersonal relationships skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with callers, patients and families, insurance companies, other agencies, personnel and physicians.
- Ability to pay great attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook
- Excellent key boarding skills
- Ten-key by touch
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and clinic policies
- Knowledge of business methods to include productivity/workload analysis and scheduling
- Ability to communicate tactfully, courteously and effectively with others
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Ability to be highly efficient, organized and accurate in all work
- Ability to balance demands of position to meet departmental objectives
- Ability to handle stressful situations tactfully
- Ability to look and act professionally while representing AHI at work and work affected activities
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED