Position: Certified Coder
Pay Range: DOE
Our client is seeking an experienced coder to join their happy team. If you are customer oriented, with a professional, friendly demeanor and can meet the qualifications listed, get your resume to AES today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research all information to insure a complete and accurate office and imaging billing process.
- Review external charges for correct coding upon importing into Centricity Practice Management.
- Gather charge information from Physicians, NP’s and PA’s in a timely manner.
- Analyze and code procedures using current CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Identify bundled codes using CCI edits.
- Correctly assign modifiers when required.
- Ensure all office and imaging charges are coded and posted for month-end closing.
- Assist with coding and error resolution.
- Provides consultative services to physicians on coding issues.
- Contact patients, family and healthcare professionals to obtain claim preparation information
- Participate in educational activities.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Some college, preferably with an emphasis on Medical Coding, Medical Terminology and Basic Human Anatomy.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required from American academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Two years of experience in medical office with emphasis on medical coding.
- Experience in EHR and practice management systems
- Excel, Word, Outlook proficiency. Requires excellent key boarding skills.
- Skill in ten key calculator use by touch.
- Accurate documentation and filing ability
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED