Position: Accounting Payroll/HR Technician
Pay Range: $19-$21/hour DOE
This position will process Payroll/HR duties and other accounting duties as needed. Experience using accounting, payroll, tax and banking systems. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential. This position requires that you work well with people and communicate clearly both verbally and written.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll for multiple companies in different states; review and ensure accuracy of approved time-sheets, payroll transactions, and PTO balances.
- Process bi-weekly payroll related taxes, medical, garnishments and other deductions
- Process payroll new hire/terminated employee forms. Ensure HR/Payroll forms are completed correctly by employees.
- Process state registrations for new employee locations.
- Process employment verification requests as needed.
- Process workers compensation registrations as needed
- Assist with Open Enrollment process for employee benefits and benefit communications.
- Prepare biweekly Payroll reports for internal management as needed
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax reports for state and federal filing
- Respond in a timely manner to all employee issues regarding pay and/or benefit inquiries
- Provide effective and consistent communication to employees, supervisors, and managers regarding payroll processes.
- Assist activities of external auditors: WC, 401K, and/or Annual Audit.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of Payroll experience.
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer (all candidates will be assessed prior to interview)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Possess and apply knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources.
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED