Position: HR Generalist
Pay Range: DOE
Working closely with the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resources Generalist interfaces and serves as a human resource point of contact for the organization. This position carries out responsibilities which require a high level of analytical ability in the following functional areas: leave administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with HR Workforce and Shareholder Development group on assisting Shareholders and descendants in work related training opportunities.
- Assist in developing, updating, and maintaining job descriptions, including position pricing, and determining FLSA status.
- Assist HR Manager in responding to inquiries, communicate and ensure understanding by employees and management of laws, regulations, organization policies, procedures, and programs.
- Record employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, leave of absence information, performance reviews, and termination date and reason in Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Create reports and compile metrics.
- Represent the Company in unemployment hearings.
- Maintain department files and logs in line with company policies and government regulations and provide copies of documentation to payroll and benefits file when needed.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information to authorized persons.
- Retain records according to company record retention requirements.
- Assist in developing internal work policies and procedures that comply with regulations, align with best practices, and ensure consistent quality human resources services and support the organization’s values and business goals.
- Serve as backup in other functional areas such as onboarding, FMLA administration and recruitment.
- Complete Personnel Action Forms (PAF) for updated employee information and statuses.
- Establish and maintain complete paper and electronic personnel files, for active, inactive, and terminated employees in accordance with legal requirements and internal procedures.
- Coordinate and document company provided training and maintain both electronic and paper training files utilizing the Company HRIS systems.
- Support the Company Performance Management Plan.
- Work with Human Resources Manager with employee relations issues.
- Respond in a timely manner to employee relations inquiries.
- Assist on special projects.
- Work as a team player with customers and co-workers in a respectful, professional, and supportive manner.
- Seek and participate in development and training opportunities.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field strongly preferred; year-for-year human resources experience may be substituted for four-year degree.
- Three or more years of human resources experience in two or more functional areas; generalist experience which includes employee relations strongly preferred.
- Current PHR certification strongly preferred or willingness to obtain certification within 1 year of hire.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements strongly preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record and must be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the Company’s Driving Polices
- Ability to pass a drug, credit, driving and background screening.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate HR knowledge in two or more functional areas.
- Strong personnel management skills. ability to enforce.
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce Federal, State and company labor and employment regulations in the workplace.
- Strong analytical and active listening skills; ability to identify patterns, process information, analyze information in a broader sense, and identify what questions to ask to better understand a situation.
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients via written and verbal communication methods.
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively with others; ability to work with employees, business partners, and customers in a friendly and positive manner.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate and negotiate with inside and outside sources.
- Proficiency in standard business computer applications.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions based on available information.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and effectively plan and organize duties to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple complex and/or detailed tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOPs and direction.
- Ability to work with concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in a Native Corporation multi-business environment.
- Must be willing to take on-going educational courses to increase core competencies in Human Resource field.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe and efficient manner.
- Position may require occasional travel remotely.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED