: Medical Billing Payment Poster – Temp
Great temp assignment for an experienced payment poster. If you check the boxes, check your resume into email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post payments, adjustments and notes from Explanation of Benefits.
- Post personal payments from patients.
- Reconcile Electronic Remittance Notices.
- Apply Quick Notes for message to print on patient statement.
- Label payment batches according to office policy.
- Reconcile posted batches with control sheet.
- Close balanced batches on daily basis.
- Documents transactions to maintain adequate audit trail.
- Accurately assign electronic (owner) status of EOB denials for research by other Business Office Specialists.
- Update visit information when required.
- Prepare EOB’s for posting according to department procedures.
- Prepares daily, monthly and yearly reports as assigned.
- Brings adjustment discrepancies to the attention of the Business Office Manager.
- Assists other Business Office Specialists as needed.
- Participates in educational activities.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Some college or continuing education preferred. Minimum High School Diploma required
- Minimum of one year in medical billing with emphasis on insurance payment posting
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED