Position: Licensed Practical Nurse
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm
Pay Range: DOE
The LPN consults with individual teams and provides direct assessment of clients’ well-being. The LPN participates in the health services planning for each plan of care. This position may require de-escalating verbally or physically aggressive individuals according to procedures and client protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides visits served by onsite to collect data on health and psychosocial status. Reviews data, determines care plan and documents all visits.
- Under supervision of the Community Nurse, reviews medication changes, refers to pharmacists and MDs for clarification of compatibility with health status and psychiatric medication.
- Provides training to care providers, assistive personnel, families and delegates as appropriate.
- Provides direct nursing care of client within scope of practice, follow-up and monitoring of that care. Attends Plan of Care, Individual Service Treatment Plan and other meetings as required.
- Adheres to and demonstrates Assets, Inc. core values, mission, policies, procedures and compliance plan in the performance of all aspects of this position.
- Reviews all medication changes and makes appropriate referrals to pharmacists and MDs to clarify medication compatibility with health status and psychiatric medication.
- Provides training to care providers, unlicensed assistive personnel and families and delegates appropriately.
- Assists in the maintenance of accurate records for each client, including quality assurance (QA).
- Corresponds with treating physicians as indicated or requested.
- Provides TB (tuberculin) and Hepatitis B tests to employees according to company policies and procedures. Reads and documents results. Maintains accurate immunization records and provides pertinent information to HR.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining necessary medical supplies (ex: TB shots, Hepatitis B vaccines, first aid kit supplies, etc.) according to company needs and established budget.
- Organizes and checks First Aid Kits on a regular basis to ensure they include all appropriate items.
- Ensures AED machine works properly. Tests it every 3 months.
- Provides staff training on medical topics as requested (medication management; wellness, preventing disease transmission, vaccinations, CPR/First Aid).
- Completes position required trainings. Attends company and/or community meetings as requested.
- Assists in or individually de-escalates verbally or physically aggressive individuals according to identified procedures and individual client protocols.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse and have appropriate licenses and certifications including TB, HBV and current CPR.
- Two years plus as an LPN in assisted living services setting preferred
- Experience working with individuals experiencing a developmental disability or mental illness.
- Proficiency in Word and PowerPoint (all candidates will be assessed prior to interview)
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
l Associate Recruiter
Alaska Executive Search
ENGINEERING l TEMP WORKFORCE l EXECUTIVE SEARCH l MEDICAL l
FINANCIAL SERVICES l INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY l GOVERNMENT
821 N STREET, SUITE 201 l ANCHORAGE, ALASKA l p: 907.276.5707 l www.akexec.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.