Position: Residential Construction Manager
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Pay Range: DOE
Award winning Alaskan custom home builder seeks a highly experienced Construction Manager.
This position is responsible for the overall direction, procurement, management, and construction of residential and commercial projects in Alaska, North Dakota, and other future markets. If you think this is your match, send your resume to email@example.com today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue, foster and maintain good working relations with existing and potential clients, providing customer service to develop long-term partnerships that will create opportunities for acquiring residential and commercial projects.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with agencies, consultants, subcontractors, and inspectors.
- Pursue, track and monitor potential residential and commercial projects opportunities through client relations and project advertising.
- Manage the estimating and proposal process of commercial and residential projects bidding and request for proposal opportunities.
- Manage the design build process for design build projects and lead the design team in the development of project scope, design, budgets, and schedules.
- Manage constructability reviews and development of alternate technical concepts.
- Manage design efforts so that technical information including but not limited to drawings and specifications are prepared, reviewed and distributed in accordance with the project requirements.
- Manage the process of soliciting and selecting consultants, subcontractors and vendors in the procurement process and upon the successful acquisition of projects.
- Project management.
- Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds company goals and fosters a culture that expects participation at all levels.
- Understand, advocate, participate in and fully comply with company project specific safety procedures & policies.
- Develop and track project budgets and forecast project financial performance as required.
- Develop project schedules and track throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Manage the construction and field operations for all residential, commercial and contract projects with the assistance from the Project Superintendent and other field support staff.
- Manage the pay request process and review for accuracy and track client payments.
- Manage and track project and owner documentation requirements and ensure that requirements are being fully met.
- Commercial and residential project development.
- In conjunction with the Vice President/General Manager, manage the process of design and construction of residential and commercial development projects.
- Duties to include leading the site selection and site acquisition process, development of project proforma’s, assist in the acquisition of project financing, lead the concept design and construction design process and manage the overall construction of the project through project completion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President/General Manager
- BS degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years progressive experience in the vertical and civil construction field preferred.
- Previous Design/Build project coordination experience in commercial vertical construction and development projects highly desirable.
- Previous project management experience on civil construction and vertical construction projects highly desirable.
- Previous estimating experience highly desirable.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of construction operations.
- Understanding of overall Design/Build process as well as design process.
- Familiarity with Design Codes & Standards.
- Understanding of CPM scheduling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED