Position: Temp Internal Auditor
Pay Range: DOE
Under the leadership of the Chief Internal Auditor, this position conducts audits and procedures, and will assist in executing all duties and functions of the Internal Audit Department as described in the department charter and as assigned by the Supervisory Committee. This position plays a key role in the achievement of the department’s goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and performing operational, compliance, and financial audits of credit union manual and computerized systems necessary to complete the annual audit plan
- For assigned audits and projects, help develop the audit scope, plan, and programs, conduct audit fieldwork/investigations, and assist in compiling and reporting results
- Evaluates the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of business processes and related systems of controls
- Prepare work paper documentation in accordance with prescribed standards and guidance.
- Accurately and completely outline and support audit observations, findings, and conclusions
- Develop a working knowledge of auditing, financial, regulation, and reporting standards
- Develop a working knowledge of basic IT, fraud, and regulatory compliance topics
- Forensics, ethics, and evidence preservation
- Banking and financial regulations promulgated by NCUA, CFPB, etc., Payments rules such as ACH, PCI, etc.
- Interacts with other Credit Union departments and employees within professional standards prescribed for integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Performs research and completes projects as directed by the Chief Internal Auditor 13. Prepares materials for Supervisory Committee and other meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelors Degree Preferred. Degree must be from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation boards (or appropriately credentialed)
- 2 years related technical experience.
- Direct experience in audit, branch operations, compliance, or lending Direct or working knowledge in basic IT, Fraud or Compliance topics described above.
- Consistently demonstrates confidentiality regarding all departmental activity. Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail required. Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to work well independently.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED