Position Title: Pension Representative
Pay Range: DOE + Benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inquiries and correspondence related to pension benefits and the pension fund
- Maintain records on “active” plan participants and “retired” plan participants
- Pension file maintenance, pension edits
- Verify hours reported, vesting of benefits, reciprocity, pro-rata reciprocity, forfeiture of pension benefits
- Process requests for retirement
- Calculation of retirement benefits
- Assist in process of issuance of monthly retirement income checks
- Assist in process of issuance of Money Purchase Pension Plan distributions
- Answer inquiries regarding retiree Health & Welfare and retiree COBRA.
- Answer inquiries regarding death benefits, life insurance, beneficiary H&W coverage
- Answer inquiries regarding divorces, division of benefits calculations
- Answer inquiries regarding pension attachments, i.e. QDROs, IRS levies, child support
- Assist with special mail outs, pension booklets, pension statements
- Word processing, spreadsheet application
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two years of experience with employee benefits in an employer setting utilizing multiple employee benefit programs
- Strong math skills and/or accounting background desired
- Experience in a position of an advisory capacity with participants
- Extensive interaction with various departments; and independent decision-making
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communications skills required
Successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977.
Job open until filled