Position: General Manager
Pay Range: DOE
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees, ensuring a high level of customer service is offered and the working hand in hand with the Executive Chef overseeing the food quality and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Report to weekly manager meetings and bring information back to the team.
- Keep up to date with events, specials and promotions offered throughout the company.
- Review customer feedback and share successes and opportunities with staff.
- Provide ongoing training to the staff whenever new products, specials or new menu items are presented.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- 2+ years of Restaurant Management Experience
- Hospitality or Business Management Degree Preferred.
- Knowledge of computers & ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Knowledge of Restaurant POS systems - Micros Preferred
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- Must be willing to work long shifts
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand on your feet for the duration of your shift.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED