Position: Eligibility Technician
Pay Range: DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Written and verbal verification of Eligibility.
- Work with and understand COBRA, HIPAA and FMLA Laws and compliance requirements including all participant notification requirements.
- Process COBRA election forms.
- Process death claims.
- Process enrollment/beneficiary forms and other documents used for maintaining member records.
- Must show continuous improvement and ability to increase volume of workload and ability to work independently, and as a productive team member.
- Order medical I.D. cards.
- Update participant and dependent eligibility with insurance carriers as required.
- Research and resolve member and dependent eligibility issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year general office experience required
- Associate degree preferred. Prior experience may be substituted for an AA degree
- Professional appearance with excellent verbal communication skills required.
- 50-55WPM keyboarding required
- MS Office experience required
- Requires excellent skills in grammar, letter composition, punctuation and other related office skills.
- Additional qualifications include a working knowledge of miscellaneous office equipment.
- Demonstrates initiative along with good concentration, attention to detail and problem solving abilities; along with organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude under demanding and/or stressful situations.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED