Position: Accounting Manager
Pay Range: DOE
This role assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures. Supervises payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required
- 3 – 5 years experience as a full-charge bookkeeper or accountant
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability with electronic spreadsheets
- Demonstrated ability with computerized financial statements
- Demonstrated proficiency of 10-key calculator
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and complete written and oral instruction
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED