Position: Construction Quality Control System Manager
Location: Fairbanks and/or Kodiak
Pay Range: DOE
Our client is seeking a Quality Control Manager for their Fort Greely location to be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of a fully effective Contractor Quality Plan. The plan will identify the procedures, instructions, records and protocol for ensuring that the construction complies with the requirements of the contract plans and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities also include but not limited to:
- Performing daily QC inspection on all active construction projects, sending weekly reports to the COR on all active task orders and assisting the Program Manager in preparation of critical path construction schedules
- Conducting thorough review of task order plans and specifications
- Coordinating the submittal effort with subcontractors and material suppliers
- Reviewing submittals to include shop drawings, product date, certifications, design documents and test reports
- Assisting site superintendent and Project Manager with drafting and finalizing AHAs
- Hazard analysis and identification for each feature of work
- Working alongside of the SSHO in safety inspections, equipment inspections and overall safety plan implementation
- Conducting on-site equipment inspections and construction effort inspections
- Conducting and managing the USACE's three-phase inspections (Preparatory, Initial and Follow-Up) and safety inspection
- Coordinating and oversight all third party testing
- Reviewing design documents for Design/Build Contracts
- Minimum of formal Quality Control education and/or training in building construction inspection
- Degree in Engineering, architecture or construction management. Alternatively an Engineering Technician with at least 2 years of college and ICC certification as a Commercial Building Inspector will also be considered. (Residential Building Inspector certification will be required for Military Family Housing projects).
- Minimum 5 years construction experience on construction similar to this contract.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED