Position: Major Account Manager
Pay Range: DOE
The ideal candidate for this position will understand business applications and needs of customers, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with key decision makers within strategic accounts. They will employ telecommunications applications and services achieving revenue, margin growth and customer retention in an assigned territory of prospective and/or current customers within a market and/or product grouping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field sales calls and account reviews with current and prospective customers
- Negotiate and maintain contracts for services within a vertical territory
- Identify appropriate products to meet the customer needs, developing proposals to customers, closing and ensuring sales are properly executed and billed
- Preparation of prospective customers to include developing a personal sales plan to meet or exceed department goals
- Business development/relationship with key customers
- Develop an intimate familiarity with customer’s core business and their market growth opportunities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of industry trends and issues of importance to assigned customers and industry segments
- Operation activities, trouble shooting, and attend department meetings
- Develop and implement personal sales plan to meet or exceed company goals in assigned customer base
- Report results of sales and retention efforts to management.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible sales experience reflecting a consistent meeting or exceeding quota and identifying customer applications, documented experience with developing proposals and developing business plans
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or similar emphasis required
- In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant exempt work experience on a year for year basis
- Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.
- Knowledge of and successful utilization of document sales processes and demonstrated proficiency working with computers and common applications. (Windows). Microsoft Office™ and Excel required
- Must have experience in developing and producing complex written and verbal customer proposals
- Strong verbal, written, communication and effective listening skills are essential
- Experience in record keeping and organization skills required
- Must have experience in telecommunications, IT Solutions or media sales including experience with telecommunications or media related products including voice, wireless, cable, advertising and/or data
- Must have experience selling into state and local government entities
- Experience with and understanding of USAC funding rules and regulations
- Must have experience with developing and producing a variety of complex written and verbal customer proposals, responding to bids and creating account strategies
- Must be capable of working independently, have experience in consistently meeting sales quotas
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; including interview techniques and skills; communication skills including development of written proposals and business plans and presentation of plans to both a one-on-one audience and larger groups of executive decision makers
- Knowledge of and successful utilization of documented sales processes and demonstrated proficiency working with computers and common applications.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED