Position: Senior Tax Accountant
Pay Range: DOE
Senior Tax Accountant required for large Alaskan accounting firm. This position offers a competitive compensation package with salary, benefits, and paid leave. With merit, the position offers future upward advancement within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated C- Corporations, S- Corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
- Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters, including IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Prepare compiled and reviewed financial statements for Corporations, non-profit entities, Partnerships, and Individuals, including work-papers, accounting and adjusting entries.
- Manage and monitor client deliverable and due dates.
- Review tax work of less experienced staff.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals and evaluating client’s needs
- CPA Certification Required
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software desired. At minimum, must have sound knowledge of basic functionality of QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software.
- Minimum of five years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe software; experience with Lacerte, ProsystemFx, and CSA desired.
- Good oral and written communication
- Good time management and organizational skills
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED