Position: Grants Staff Accountant
Pay Range: DOE
Assist with financial administration and coordination of grants related activities to include accurate accounting for, and compliance with, grants. Provide support and assistance for other functions within the Accounting division including general ledger, cash, accounts payable and capital assets. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the financial provisions of grant agreements and work with project managers to facilitate compliance with federal, state and local government laws and regulations.
- Keep updated on developments and changes affecting the organization’s accounting and grant activities.
- Review grant applications, grant agreements and appropriating ordinances.
- Communicate and prepare correspondence with granting agencies
- Assist with coordinating and preparation of the organizations State and Federal single audits and with other audits of financial assistance.
- Perform/assist with year end accounting and closing tasks, audit preparation, annual financial audit, financial statement preparation and review.
- Provide support for accounting division functions, research and respond to inquiries from stakeholders and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting. CPA certification may substitute for the bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Three years of professional level accounting experience with demonstrated proficiency required.
- Current knowledge of GAAP and GAAS relating to accounting, auditing and grants required.
- Advanced analytical experience in a medium to large entity is particularly desirable.
- Advanced demonstrated communication ability, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated advanced skill level in recent versions of Excel and Word. Access and Adobe Acrobat proficiency preferred.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills by touch; accurate 10-key by touch.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED