: Finance & Operations Manager
Are you a superhero behind a computer screen? Do you crunch numbers and balance budgets in a single bound? If you want to help us make a difference in the lives of homeless adults and hungry children, then we want to talk to you!
Our client is a wonderful non-profit seeking a dynamic professional for the position of Finance & Operations Manager. This position is responsible for all financial and operational functions of the organization, so if you check all the boxes, send your resume to email@example.com today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounts receivable and payable functions;
- Review and process payroll;
- Responsible for reconciling donor database to financial reports;
- Reconcile all credit cards and credit line accounts;
- Assist the development department in managing donor database;
- Assist with the coordination of the annual donor receipting;
- Work collaboratively with contract accountant in the preparation of monthly financial reporting and annual audit preparation;
- Responsible for financial grant reporting;
- Implement and manage financial risk controls;
- Manage accounting policies and procedures;
- Assist with bank reconciliations;
- Assist development when reconciling event financial activity;
- Assist department and program managers with annual /monthly budgets;
- Manage financial dashboards for the organization;
- Assist the finance committee with annual budgeting and forecasting;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Managing all facilities maintenance, ensuring all properties are up to code;
- Manage all fleet vehicles, repairs, and maintenance;
- Manage accurate inventory control of all equipment owned by the agency;
- Create, implement, and manage operational systems that streamline and increase accuracy and output throughout the agency;
- Participate in the development of the organizational plans and programs as a strategic partner and resource;
- Assist in coordinating the phasing in/out of equipment throughout the agency;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Bachelor's degree, preferably in area of finance, accounting, business or related fields. Relevant experience may be considered;
- Ability to work with a diverse population including, but not limited to: underprivileged adults and children, persons with mental health issues/substance abuse issues, and domestic abuse issues;
- Demonstrated computer skills / software in Microsoft Suite, SmartGen2, Sales Force and QuickBooks;
- Experience in scaling a multi-site organization;
- Management experience with either a non-profit or for-profit organization. Experience in managing a "values-driven" organization will be highly prized;
- Results driven - proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation;
- High level of business acumen, including P & L management and the ability to balance the delivery of programs against budget realities;
- Capacity building - ability to effectively build the organization and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly;
- Ability to work flexible schedules depending on the organizational needs (otherwise a standard work week);
- Must have a valid Alaska Driver's License, access to vehicle for local travel, and proof of insurance;
- Must understand, read, speak, and write clearly in English;
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED