Pay Range: DOE
Full-time position for qualified accountant with at least two year’s experience in AP and AR, and one year of General Ledger experience. You must have strong attention to detail with advanced knowledge of Excel. Send your resume to email@example.com if this sounds like you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers, analyzes, compiles and summarizes transactions for accurate and timely recording in the company financial records.
- Prepares accruals and general journal entries as appropriate.
- Reconciles activity to the underlying documents to ensure transactions are consistent with terms and conditions.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including bank accounts.
- Develops, manipulates and maintains accounting spreadsheets and assists in preparing monthly financial and operating reports.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll
- Perform complex payroll calculations
- Processes adjustments and enters information into the payroll system
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of accounting controls.
- Independently and effectively works with Company operational staff and others to assure the proper and timely submission of a wide variety of accounting related materials.
- Other duties as assigned
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting or related field required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable role.
- One (1) year of general ledger accounting experience.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
- Two years of progressively responsible payroll experience
- Intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Word and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to operate calculators and PC keyboards by touch.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities to assure deadlines are met. Results oriented with the ability to respond to the needs of the department and Company
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED