Position: Payroll Technician
Pay Range: $19+ DOE
The Payroll Technician position is responsible for preparing the payroll data for five companies for submission to a third-party processing agent. This position also performs some tasks in support of the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Banking, and General Ledger functions. If you have at least two year’s experience in a similar role, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate payment of wages and tips and for the timely and accurate deductions from wages for authorized or mandated charges
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data using an automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll and tipped income payouts. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Ensures that tips are accurately paid to tipped employees in a timely fashion and in compliance with state and federal regulations; maintains required records regarding tip income.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related areas and to ensure accurate ad effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Assists as needed with Accounts Receivable transactions resulting from special events and rental properties.
- Assist with the processing and reconciliation of corporate credit card receipts.
- Assist Accounts Payable as needed with the entry and reconciliation of vendor invoices.
- Audit manager cash bags and cash safes to ensure balances are whole and processes are being adhered to.
- Assist with training and oversight of daily cash counting and safe drops and resulting discrepancy investigations.
- Provides direct support to the Senior Controller as needed.
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience in payroll functions
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Financial management
- Competent with email software
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED