Position: Senior Manager, GL Accounting
Pay Range: DOE + excellent benefits
This position manages and oversees the responsibilities, tasks, and staff for a portion of the Accounting General Ledger group. The ideal candidate will have CPA certification, a degree in Accounting or related field, and ten years of progressively responsible experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage month-end process for assigned areas to ensure accuracy and timeliness of internal financial reporting
- Maintain integrity of general ledger through account reconciliations, including the research and resolution of issues as they arise
- Manage and review work of Accounting Supervisors and Managers
- Responsible for hiring, leading, developing and managing the performance by those reporting to this position
- Establish and communicate clear performance expectations, make recommendations for salary increases
- Provide timely annual performance reviews to all direct reports and ensure that all employees within the department receive annual performance reviews on time.
- Responsible for team results and recommends and /or approves promotions, demotions, transfers or disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Maintains effective communication and regular feedback to employees regarding their performance against expectations and use of effective performance recognition of groups involved.
- Participate in the external audit processes.
- Other special projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related major required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible general ledger accounting experience; public accounting experience is required. To include four years of managing/supervising a staff of three or more professionals.
- CPA Certification required
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of accounting procedures and solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Extensive experience using Accounting software, in particular Oracle
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide strong leadership in a supervisory role and have the ability to work independently and in collaboration with upper management, external auditors, and as a team member with others at varying levels in the Company.
- Must be detail oriented and also be able to see the big picture.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to take ownership of duties and responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel software skills in creating and manipulating spreadsheets, and ability to operate 10-key by touch required.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED