Position: Information Services Applications Manager
Location: Palmer, AK
Pay Range: DOE + great benefits
This position provides oversight of the Member Accounting Core processing system, project management, functional design, testing and training to ensure successful completion of initiatives and projects. Provides support to all employees in accordance with the organization’s established policies, procedures, and core values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for member marketing of the organization and knowledge of all services offered to enable to answer questions or refer members for specific services
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of programming and Member Accounting Core support staff.
- Supervise the processing and setup of daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly programs.
- Manage system patches, releases, and operating system updates.
- Administer and manage the ongoing quality assurance efforts.
- Review logs, system information, and performance data to ensure proper sizing of Member Accounting Core hardware resources.
- Recommend and assist with the purchasing of hardware and/or software upgrades to ensure proper levels of system performance is maintained.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new technology tools.
- Act as a liaison between management, departments, users, vendors, and technical staff to create solutions to business needs and capitalize on opportunities.
- Identify options for improving the Member Accounting Core and bridging needs of the organization with use of technology.
- Develop, plan, implement, support, and manage the custom applications and integration to the Member Accounting Core across the Credit Union.
- Provide Business Analysis documentation
- Responsible for third party system integration into the organization’s Member Accounting Core.
- Assist in implementing security, compliance, and other safeguards in relation to information security efforts.
- Perform annual disaster recovery testing and provide reports of disaster recovery readiness.
- Update and maintain the Information Services Disaster recovery plan.
- Assist in providing help desk coverage to internal members, be part of the 24/7 critical services coverage rotation, and help with coverage of daily computer operation tasks.
- Provide the Information Services Manager with reports regarding progress made and results achieved in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Information Services Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Services related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Symitar/Episys system management preferred. Five years of management experience required preferably within the Financial Services or Information Services industry.
- Must have technical planning and project management experience.
- Have an understanding of standard business concepts associated with core processing in the financial industry.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, research and analytical skills to find solutions and take advantage of business opportunities.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, making sound decisions.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED