Position: Help Desk - Desktop Support Technician (4-month contract position)
Pay Range: DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Imaging and replacing outdated desktops and laptops
- Loading new image onto multiple hard drives via disk duplicator in preparation for updating user’s desktop/laptop.
- Working with user to save user-specific data and applications from existing desktop/laptop.
- Installing new hard drive in user’s desktop/laptop, configuring BIOS, applying Windows updates, device drivers, and antivirus updates, restoring user-specific data and applications.
- Imaging, prepping and deploying new desktops and laptops
- Loading new image onto multiple hard drives via disk duplicator in preparation for deployment.
- Configuring BIOS, applying Windows updates, device drivers, and antivirus updates, deploying desktop/laptop
- Desktop/laptop/printer relocations
- Disconnect and move end devices to new location
- Reconnect devices and verify proper operation
- Desktop/laptop/printer troubleshooting/resolution
- Possesses general desktop/laptop hardware, software, network troubleshooting knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows 7 operating system
- Familiar with desktop/laptop imaging process
- Familiar with user profile data extraction/restoral
- Works well with customers
- Good work ethic and self-motivated
- Good verbal and written communications skills
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED