Position: Director, Human Resources
Pay Range: DOE
This is a working managerial role responsible for determining and developing strategy, driving implementation and performing complex HR functions. This role performs all job classification work and serves on various organizational committees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops strategies and directs organizational HR programs
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves discrepancies
- Formulates HR policies and objectives, recommending changes to senior management
- Coordinates with management in communicating all HR policies, procedures, programs and laws
- Coordinates with legal department ensuring organization remains compliant with applicable guidelines and laws
- Advises management on personnel planning, employee development, organizational development and staffing issues
- Oversees, manages, coaches, mentors and motivates HR Department staff
- Develops and monitors annual budget for HR services
- Leads development of HR goals, objectives and systems
- Coordinates with other departments ensuring programs and services are delivered in accordance with bargaining unit agreements
- Prepares periodic reports for management tracking strategic goal accomplishment, turnover and demographics
- May be required to participate in Incident Command exercises and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Organizational Management or related field required. Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements on a year for year basis
- Eight years of professional experience in the HR field, personnel administration, labor relations or industrial relations is required, of which at least two years must be at management level, with responsibility for leading, supervising or directing others in work performance.
- SPHR certification preferred
- Proficiency required in Word, Access and Excel preferred
- Experience with public pension plans preferred.
- Experience with HR Information systems similar to JD Edwards preferred
- Experience with DoT regulated drug and alcohol programs preferred
- Experience with public sector classification and compensation systems preferred
- Staffing and recruitment systems experience preferred
- Union environment experience preferred
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED