Position: Assistant Manager
Pay Range: DOE
This position assumes overall responsibility for all aspects of daily operations of the facility. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, performance evaluation, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist General Manager in daily operations as directed, assuming duties and responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
- Train employees.
- Process all new-hire paperwork.
- Document employee corrective actions, including progressive discipline, if applicable, to improve performance.
- Accurately complete and submit and/or approve employees’ time cards, including processing payroll, resolving any payroll inquiries and/or corrections.
- Conduct field audits to ensure revenue collection procedures
- On-call for day-to-day customer or employee-related issues, such as employee scheduling, call-ins, incidents, or accidents.
- Respond to employee on-the-job injuries, ensuring proper response and reporting procedures and requirements, according to company, workers compensation insurance and governmental requirements.
- Monitor location presentation for such things as cleanliness, signing, safety and compliance of pertinent regulations to company and governmental standards.
- Maintain fleet maintenance program, including recordkeeping, for preventative maintenance schedule, repair log, determining projected expenses, as well as cleanliness of the fleet.
- Schedule and monitor service work, including such things as vehicle detailing, rock chip repair, laundry/dry cleaning, snow plowing, and mechanical services.
- Manage Self-Storage, including but not limited to customer service, managing lease of storage units, response, and conflict resolution functions, maintaining courteous, respectful and professional relationship with all customers and vendors and managers.
- Manage monthly tenant statements and any other correspondence as necessary, performing timely and accurate collection of rent payments, pay or vacate notices, evictions, or other collection activities as necessary.
- Perform revenue posting for operations, including credit card matching, manager daily reports, cashier reports, customer permit issuing and recording, invoice processing.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including but not limited to account vendor payments, expense reports, vacancy, or other financial, as required.
- Determine needs and extent of service, equipment required, and procures and/or maintains all necessary supplies and equipment, though the use of pre-approvals when required, and performs and/or directs workers or contractors engaged in maintenance of all ground and buildings and inspects completed work.
- Operate mini-bus, van and/or shuttle, plow truck, sander and/or snow blowers, as required, adjusting to driving conditions, and complying with all State Department of Motor Vehicles laws, and using seatbelts at all times.
- Ensure safeguarding of all company assets and revenue, as well as compliance with all safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean, neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance. Must be able to pass a company driving skills test.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED