Position: Executive Director
Pay Range: $70,000+ DOE
This position with a local Alaskan shooting range requires a hands-on leader with vision and big-picture thinking. The main focus will be on expansion and funding, but you will also be very active outdoors, the best of both worlds! This role requires an experienced leader with strong delegation abilities. As an ambassador for our client and all of the shooting sports, you must be willing and able to support the facility in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of the facility.
- Actively seek and obtain support from outside sponsors and philanthropic entities
- Maintain the appearance of the facility so it is represented in a professional manner
- Serve as liaison between the Board of Directors, staff, membership, the public and outside entities
- Operate the business within the budget guidelines
- Train and supervise employees and management staff as required
- Ensure facility activities, costs and revenues are sufficiently maintained to achieve streamlined costing
- Stewardship of facility assets, holding all employees to the same standard
- Bachelor’s degree, or extensive work history demonstrating management/leadership experience
- Must have non-profit experience
- Strong background in financial management essential – emphasis on non-profit organizations with an annual budget range of $2M annually
- Previous experience with employee supervision and daily non-profit operations management essential
- Experience/qualifications in Safety and Business Process Management desired
- Extensive successful grant-writing experience or grant writing management preferred
- Experience dealing with media/public relations is advantageous
- Experience or willingness to learn recreational and competitive firearm sports necessary
- Must be legally qualified to purchase a handgun from a Federal Firearms License holder in Alaska
- Valid driver’s license essential
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED