Position: Distribution Technician
Pay Range: DOE
Responds to service needs and concerns of customers, coordinates engineering activities with member services and operations. Establishes single point of contact through every phase of new service application and connection. Assists staff with technical advice when needed. If you meet the qualifications, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview and counsel applicants for electrical needs, site location, installation specifications and scheduling. Prepares information for internal design or for design by the Engineering department.
- Survey and designs distribution system improvements, permanent and temporary service drops, and street light installations in accordance with RUS specifications and codes.
- Prepare work orders, staking sheets, cost estimates, design sketches and material lists for distribution system changes. Secure right-of-way easements and necessary permits for distribution system improvements and extensions.
- Work closely with engineers and drafters to craft new designs, update record drawings and support department projects.
- Maintain continuing contacts with interfacing departments to coordinate on matters of mutual concern and to resolve emerging problems. 6. Follow up on all material requisitions, their current status, shipping instructions and destinations for scheduled work.
- Compile each work order upon completion to assure all documents are accounted for; prepare completed work order for Engineering review.
- Maintain correspondence, records, work order files, job order files, studies, photographs, proposals, reports, and data collections
- Update the engineering library including: catalogs, photographs, drawings, and data.
- Perform daily office tasks: filing, copying, phone calls, calendar update, and similar tasks as needed
- Conduct research through completed reports, work orders, files for specific information directed by the Engineering Manager
- Track distributions of addendums, modifications, and other distributions to bidders, make delivery of film, prints, and materials.
- Perform other duties and special assignments required to meet the needs of the Cooperative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. High School Diploma and 5 years of directly related experience in an electrical utility may be substituted for degree requirement
- Five plus years of related utility experience. AutoCad experience preferred
- Knowledge electrical theory and National Electric Safety Code. Familiarity with Rural Utility Service Design Specification a plus.
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations and formulate compliant designs and details
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Proficient in computer programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good skills in planning, organizing and prioritizing
- Highly flexible to meet multiple and changing priorities
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED