Position: Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Pay Range: DOE
This position provides screening, consultation, behavioral intervention, referrals and short term counseling to patients within an integrated medical and behavioral health setting. Will make clinical recommendations and refer to the appropriate levels of care in a team based setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work effectively with patients who have conditions that necessitate life style changes
- High level of comfort in working with primary care medical providers using a consultative style
- Knowledge of DSM IV TR
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatment for behavioral health conditions
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of behavioral health conditions
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts, including via telephone
- Ability to work effectively as a team, interfacing with patients, primary care providers, other behavioral health providers, as well as administrative and support staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to relate in a positive and courteous manner
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner
- Demonstrated understanding, respect, and appreciation for diversity.
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Alaska
- Minimum of two years of experience providing direct counseling services
- Clear background check (subject to DHSS fingerprinted background check)
- Current driver’s license; clear driving record history
- Current tuberculosis screening test result
- First Aid and CPR certifications must be obtained within 2 weeks of hire
- CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification must be obtained when offered through the agency; may substitute current MANDT certificate for CPI.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED