Title: Class A Driver
Pay Range: DOE
Primary functions of this position are pick-up and delivery of local freight, using a variety of vehicles. Also assists in loading and unloading trucks and containers; participates in general warehouse and customer service duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Efficient and safe pick-up and delivery of local freight using flatbed truck, box truck, van, tractor trailer or other company vehicle
- Load and/or unload vehicles, trailers or containers as needed
- Move freight within yard or warehouse using forklift or other equipment as needed
- Process any and all paperwork related to freight
- Represent Span/MSTS in a polite and professional manner at all times
- Consistently adhere to all of Span/MSTS Safety and Fit for Duty policies and procedures as well as DOT regulations
- Inspect and maintain vehicle such as gas, oil, coolant, tires, lights and brakes to ensure proper working condition; perform minor vehicle maintenance, emergency repairs and cleaning
- Warehouse clean up as needed
- Class A CDL
- Clean driving record
- Hazardous Materials Certification and Endorsement
- Forklift Certification
- Air Brake Adjustment Certification
- High School Education
- Ability to drive a variety of vehicles in all weather conditions
- Solid communication skills via radio and/or telephone
- Professional customer service skills
- Must be able to read schedules, maps, hazardous materials documents and other paperwork
- Strong mental focus and critical thinking ability
- Strong spatial orientation awareness
- Ability to execute good lifting techniques
- Strong ability to organize, manage time and prioritize as well as very detailed oriented
- Minimum 1 year of experience
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED