Title: IT Systems Administrator
Position Location: Anchorage
Relocation Assistance: DOE
Our client seeks an accomplished IT Systems Administrator with a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, networks. You would responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting computer systems under the direction of the Information Technology Director. The Systems Administrator participates in the design and oversight of the local area network, wide area network, and network segments. Daily tasks may include installing, upgrading and monitoring software and hardware. The Systems Administrator supervises all IT support staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer Network design and security.
- Administer VMware environment including VM installs, hardware, SRM, etc.
- Maintain Windows Servers including updates and security measures.
- Maintain Linux Servers including updates and security measures.
- Maintain/Install network services for the ongoing operation of tribal business.
- Perform network address assignment and documentation.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintain operating systems, business applications, security tools, servers, email, switches, routers, laptops and desktop PCs.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and the ability to explain and document technical activities.
- Associates degree in computer science or related field of Microsoft, CompTIA and/or Cisco Certification and 2 years’ experience working in this field OR a combination of relevant education and/or work experience sufficient to perform the duties may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 4 years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing computer wired/wireless networks, wired/wireless cameras, hardware, servers, and printers. Education and course work may help satisfy this requirement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Server 2012R2, Windows Server 201, VM Ware ESXi Server (Virtualization platforms), Linux, Cisco, Juniper and WatchGuard devices.
- Industry specific certifications are highly valued (i.e., Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), HDI, Microsoft, ITIL, CompTIA, Juniper, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED