: Pediatric Dental Assistant
Are you an experienced Dental Assistant with the ability to make even the most daunting situations (i.e. being a small child at the dentist) bearable? Do you enjoy working with kids and putting them on the path to great dental health? Take a look at the details and if you check the boxes, contact email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seat patients and have proper set up for procedures
- Show care and concern, and help patients feel comfortable
- Obtain and review health histories according to office protocol
- Chart all patients and record date, service rendered, and any charges
- Give patient instruction and demonstrate, when necessary
Treatment Room Management and Sterilization
- Check to ensure that dental units are ready, stocked and clean at all times
- Oversee cleanliness of the treatment room according to sterilization procedures
- Disinfect treatment rooms according to OSHA regulations
- Organize trays, instruments, and treatment room drawers at all times
- Send out promptly and monitor all dental laboratory cases
- Implement a preventative maintenance/cleaning schedule for dental equipment
- Follow laboratory procedures according to office protocol
- Monitor inventory and order dental office supplies as needed
- Ensure that treatment rooms are stocked at all times
- Help in other areas of office when necessary (i.e., phones, unpacking supplies, completing insurance forms, moving dismissed patient records, etc)
- Be an active participant in staff meetings and promote team concept when interacting with others in office
- Knowledge of Eaglesoft preferred.
- 2 years experience in dental office
- CPR/BLS (preferred)
- Certified Dental Assistant (preferred)
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED