Pay Range: DOE + excellent benefits
Must have experience with both accrual and cash-basis reporting, audit presentations and tax prep management, prepare annual and departmental budgets. This position will be responsible for everything finance-related in the company and manage a 2 person accounting team.
**Priority will be given to current AK residents**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting department’s staff
- Enforce all internal controls related to all financial transactions
- Manage all financial transactions; including cash flow and capital contributions and distributions, property tax payments, loan draws and payments and property manager transactions
- Oversee, work with, and ensure multiple property management companies and partnerships
- Manage all loans and lines of credit tracking, payments, renewals, payoffs and assist with loan initiations
- Manage the review presentation process with the companies outside CPA/reviewers
- Contribute to Executive Team decisions and discussions
- Oversee payroll, benefits and expense reporting
- Manage the 401K plan and HAS plan
- Monitor EC and other legal requirements to ensure non-reporting requirements are being met
- Oversee E&O and D&O insurance policies
- Generate customized reports and financial statements for measuring productivity and reporting financial health on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage and complete all annual financial audits and reviews with simultaneous deadlines
- Create consolidated and proportionally consolidated financial statements quarterly and annually, including eliminations
- Oversee completion of all tax processes including tax returns and investors K1s for multiple companies, partnerships and tenant–in-common partnerships in a timely fashion
- Create budgets based on yearly goals, key event timing estimates, and past performance measures
- Prepare monthly updates and scorecards/dashboards
- Manage and complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Members
- Prepare all financial compliance reporting for lenders, per loan documents.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or MBA preferred
- At least seven years of financial experience with at least three years of high level/executive financial and personnel management experience preferred
- Experience with retail and/or property leasing strongly preferred
- An understanding of real estate and partnership financial reporting preferred
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the details
- Thrive in working in a fast paced, intense environment
- Self-directed with an ability to calmly juggle multiple tasks to deadline
- A passion for accuracy.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED