Position: AR/AP Clerk
Pay Range: $19/hour+ DOE
This position maintains the general ledger, monthly financial reconciliations, external reports and performs daily accounting tasks using generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly paperwork for the financial statements, which include all reconciliation of all asset and liability accounts, closing and adjusting journal entries.
- Codes and inputs all A/P invoices insuring that invoices are matched with appropriate purchase orders and approved by appropriate department managers.
- Codes and inputs all cash receipts.
- Assists Accounting Manager with bi-weekly payroll journals.
- Trained to take on duties as assigned when someone is on vacation in the accounting department.
- Record all bank transfers to the general ledger.
- Processes weekly A/P checks for signature.
- Maintain files for all payments issued, accounting records and documentation.
- Assists other accounting and administrative staff as necessary.
- Other duties and assignments as required by immediate supervisor.
- Makes daily cash deposits.
- 2 year post educational degree and/or 3-5 years’ experience as full charge bookkeeper or AR/AP Clerk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and efficiency with electronic spreadsheets and with computerized financial statements.
- Demonstrated proficiency of 10-key calculator.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and complete written and verbal instruction.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with Solomon.
- Reconciliation of GL, bank statements, and inter-company accounts.
- Inter-company experience helpful.
- Ability to be flexible.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED