Position: Grants Manager
Pay Range: DOE
The Grants Manager supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: courage, imagination, curiosity, flexibility, profound gratitude, excellence, collaboration, compassion, respect, honesty, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership. Providing a crucial link between program, finance and other administrative staff, the Grants Manager ensures grant-making activities are smoothly implemented by leading the grant management process and directing and coordinating grant management activities through the Grants Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CFO and Program staff to design grant and scholarship strategies for the organization
- Work with staff to pursue grants, assist in grant writing
- Assist Program staff with development of reportable Program metrics
- Work with the CFO and Program Staff to continuously improve the grants management and scholarship management database
- Assist Program staff with implementation of scholarship focused CRM system
- Optimize and work within the current GIFTS system
- Update & formalize grant administration policies, procedures and forms
- Establish procedures to monitor, evaluate and track grant & scholarships through the entire process from initial inquiries to final report compliance
- Optimize payment tracking schedules, payments made, grants balances, deposits and/or returns of payments
- Formalize procedures for grant closeout and missing grantee reports.
- Document procedures to ensure compliance with IRS regulations and organization-specific guidelines for all grants & scholarships
- Work with the CFO and Program staff to update standard terms and conditions for grant award letters and agreements
- Investigate grant requests, conduct grantee budget analysis and collaborate with CFO and Program staff to develop funding recommendations
- Serve as primary management point of contact for prospective and current grantees for information regarding the organization, its guidelines, application process, reports, payments and alternative funding ideas
- Research and educate staff on developments in health-related grants and trends
- Work closely with the program staff to ensure awareness and understanding of the grant and scholarship processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years experience working in a not-for-profit, business or philanthropic agency
- Minimum five years of management, leadership and team building experience
- Experience in developing programs, policies, procedures, budgets and financial and other reporting mechanisms
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management
- Experience in positively managing personnel to achieve objectives
- Experience with GIFTs On-Line or similar Grants & Scholarships software preferred
- Ability to advance company mission through detailed and effective organization.
- Proven and progressively responsible program management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sensitive to diplomacy required in communicating with a broad and diverse audience
- Ability to learn quickly, stay flexible and highly organized in fast-paced environment with competing demands while maintaining integrity of work product for self and staff
- Solid sense of self with demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion and self-motivation
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically, politically and programmatically
- Solid customer service orientation.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED