Position: City Clerk
Location: False Pass, Alaska
Pay Range: $18/hour+ DOE
We have an exciting opportunity to become the City Clerk of False Pass, Alaska! This position includes relocation assistance and housing.
Let us know if you are interested in this Alaska Adventure! Email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily administrative supervision of projects and personnel as delegated by the Mayor
- Give notice of the time and place of meetings to the City council and to the public;
- Attend meetings of the City council and keep the journal; arrange publication of notices, ordinances, and resolutions;
- Maintain and make available for public inspection an indexed file containing City ordinances, resolutions, rules, regulations and codes;
- Attest deeds and other documents; perform other duties specified in Title 29 or prescribed by the Mayor or City council.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of tax reports, financial reports, grant progress reports and shall ensure that these reports are accurate and timely filed.
- Contact and deal with State, federal, non-profit agencies to ensure efficient provision of services to citizens.
- Apply for grants and State and federal funding available.
- Distribute mail received by the City and insure the City council and Mayor are aware of filing and other deadlines. Performs other duties as assigned
- General knowledge of financial, bookkeeping and office procedures required.
- High School graduate
- Ability to type and experience with computers preferred.
- Experience in dealing with the public.
- Ability to supervise and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to administratively manage and supervise projects.
- Ability to draft and prepare correspondence with state, federal, and non-profit agencies.
- Ability to deal with state, federal, and non-profit agencies.
- Ability to prepare and follow budgets.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and carry out delegated personnel and managerial duties.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED