Position: Assistant Controller/Accounting Manager
Pay Range: DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and project ledger to general ledger reconciliations.
- Review the setup and maintenance of projects, including work breakdown structures, billing, and revenue formulas.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis for management.
- Research complex accounting transactions and ensure reporting is in compliance with US GAAP, internal and external reporting requirements, and corporate policies.
- Assist with audits and help ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Document policies and procedures and recommend improvements to current processes. • Mentor new and existing accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of five years’ progressive experience in accounting or three years experience for accounting manager.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Deltek CostPoint experience preferred.
- CPA, CMA or MBA highly preferred
- Experience in government contracting or FAR/CAS compliance preferred.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, reference, and credit screening.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge and working experience using Costpoint and other Deltek products or ability to learn new accounting systems.
- Proficiency in standard computer software, application programs and e-mail.
- Skill in typing 45 wpm and 10-key by touch with accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients via written and verbal communication methods.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions based on available information.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work productively under pressure.
- Ability to work with concentration, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to be detail orientated, organized, and responsive to customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a Native Corporation multi-business environment.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED