Position: Benefit Accountant
Pay Range: DOE
The Benefit Accountant will reconcile Corporate and all subsidiaries group benefits General Ledger (GL) accounts to employee deductions and supplier payments. This position will also reconcile Payroll employee deductions to HR Benefits employee benefit coverage elections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconcile benefit investments by comparing supplier invoices with employee deductions, GL accounts and H&W spreadsheets to ensure all benefits are correct and up-to-date.
• Reconcile group benefits GL account balances to ensure all employee benefits are accounted for from Payroll deductions and remitted accordingly to suppliers.
• Work with outside audit firm annually during financial statement and 401k audit by preparing schedules and providing necessary documentation, process narratives, etc.
• Develop SOPs for related processes and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Associate’s degree required or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting.
• Deltek Costpoint experience preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of basic accounting and GL principles and practices, fair credit practices, collection regulations, and ability to perform related tasks.
• General knowledge of and experience with benefit deductions.
• Ability to process a high volume of data with accuracy and meet various deadlines.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Ability to professionally and effectively communicate with employees, business partners, and clients via written and verbal communication methods.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in computerized accounting systems and knowledge of company-specific software. Proficiency in standard computer software, application programs and e-mail. Typing 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to write and understand routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to read and understand contracts and agreements.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as employee handbooks, safety rules, Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Ability to work in a Native Corporation multi-business environment
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED