: Medical Biller
AES is a full-service staffing agency, matching job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
Our client requires an experienced medical billing professional as outlined below. If this sounds like you, apply at email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining prompt and punctual attendance.
- Asserting a positive and professional communication with the community, patients and other staff either on the phone or in person.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA.
- Accurately notating patient accounts, posting payments, and review of debits and credits to accounts.
- Invoice insurance payers or attorneys.
- Maintain Daily Summary of Charges (DSC) in collaboration with Patient Administrative staff.
- Contact insurance companies and case managers to determine eligibility and coverage for care prescribed on current script or progress report.
- Familiar with reading EOBs and pre-certifications and authorizations.
- Using attention to detail and good time management skills to finish daily tasks on time, and integrate other assigned duties/tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior knowledge of medical billing & coding, pre-certification protocols and experience in insurance.
- Direct experience in medical, clinical or administrative office for 1-2 years required, 2-3 years is preferred. A combination of directly-related education and experience will be considered.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED