Position: Primary Care Director
Location: Kenai, Alaska
Pay Range: DOE
AES is a full-service staffing agency, matching job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
The Primary Care Director is responsible for ensuring the efficient, timely and quality delivery of medical care. This position provides supervisory leadership, administrative and operational support to the Health Systems Executive Director, medical providers, nursing and ancillary medical staff. This position collaborates closely with the Health Systems Executive Director on issues relating to clinical operations of medical care, and provides operational supervision of the medical team (physicians and mid-level providers). The Primary Care Director actively participates in strategic planning initiatives and performance improvement activities in the area of Primary Care. The Primary Care Director is accountable for operationalizing organizational values and promoting excellence in customer service, productivity, and financial resourcefulness. This position serves as a partner to other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes an operational leadership role for Primary Care and ancillary medical team.
- Ensures that Quality Assurance Performance Improvement activities are completed in accordance with federal and state clinical guidelines are met.
- Works in partnership with Dental, Behavioral Health, Wellness and Family and Social Services units to optimize health outcomes and integrate programs.
- Supports integration efforts.
- Performs high level problem solving in Primary Care and communicates issues to the organization and Tribal leadership when appropriate.
- Ensures active schedule management occurs within Primary Care.
- Member of the Health Leadership staff to provide direction in improving the quality and efficiency of medical care including analyzes outcome data to determine trends and recommends modifications of medical flow processes to the Health Leadership Team.
- Assists in developing marketing, customer service and utilization assessment tools.
- Confers as needed or when contacted by the medical team regarding the operations in the care and treatment of customers.
- Facilitate and attend meetings with medical providers. Attend as requested to nursing, ancillary medical and receptionist staff meetings to assure continuity, quality and synergy of efforts.
- Facilitates and maintains the empanelment process for all customers utilizing the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to oversee the operations of the Primary Care Department.
- Actively participates and takes a leadership role in strategic planning initiatives and primary care performance improvement activities.
- Utilize key productivity indicators to monitor and increase productivity within position’s area of responsibility.
- Assumes the leadership role and facilitates training and learning activities of direct reports and their staff.
- Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration
- Master’s in Healthcare Administration preferred
- Five years’ experience in oversight of administrative and operations of a healthcare facility.
- Three years of documented leadership experience
- Experience working in a multiple medical provider setting
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Basic Life Support Certification required
- Valid Alaska driver’s license and must remain insurable under organizational policy
- Knowledge of and experience working within the Alaska Native health system preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working with Alaska/American Indian people preferred
- Knowledge of national healthcare accreditation standards
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory agencies
- Strong leadership and team building skills
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED