Position: Project Manager - Construction
Pay Range: $80,000 to $125,000
**This position is for vertical construction only - hands-on experience a must**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee operations of the Superintendent(s) and Project Engineer(s).
- Maintain excellent relationship with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and public.
- Liaison with authorities and regulatory agencies.
- Set-up project reporting procedures.
- Develop and monitor the project schedule and budget.
- Establish construction plans and engineering methods.
- Negotiate issues of subcontracts and major purchase orders
- Understand and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolve disputes.
- Handle all change orders, including negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impacts, and preparation of claims.
- Prepare/verify and monitor progress billings to owner and from subcontractors.
- Review of productivity planning and monitoring.
- Provide performance status reports regarding cost forecasts, schedule and safety.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and training of project personnel.
- Ensure project profitability.
- Involved in all facets of project close-out.
- 5+ years vertical construction experience as a contractor representative with minimum of 1-2 years as a project manager.
- Experience on commercial construction building projects of $10M+.
- Experience in estimating, take-off, and scheduling
- A Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Construction Management, or an Engineering discipline is required.
- Demonstrated Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are a must!
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to project locations.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and provide current supporting documentation.
- Work may be required outside normal business hours and on weekends.
- Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, pull and navigate through a construction site and work in an office environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED