Position: Estimator - Construction
Pay Range: $80,000 to $125,000
This position is responsible for leadership and preparation of complete estimates and proposals, utilizing documents ranging from concept sketches to complete construction drawings and specifications. **Hands-on construction experience a must**
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with team to confirm complete scope
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing
- Assist in good faith efforts and outreach
- Prepare instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information
- Perform and/or manage the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets
- Prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information
- Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits
- Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented
- Review and/or manage the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids.
- Review constructability issues with operational staff
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic alternative
- Build effective relationships with customers, design teams, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations
- Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested
- Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
- Candidates should possess 5+ consecutive years of commercial estimating experience, experienced with leading pursuits of up to $25 million in hard bid, negotiated and conceptual projects. Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills are an absolute requirement.
- A bachelors’ degree in construction management or civil engineering is required, or the candidate must possess equivalent combinations of technical training or experience. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Experience must include identifying and measuring all the various components of a variety of construction systems, converting measurements into quantities, obtaining supplier quotes, preparing a bid estimate and meeting bid deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must possess the ability to estimate multiple projects at one time and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Proven management skills, excellent follow through, accountability, strong attention to detail, great organizational skills and ability to resolve issues/problems are highly desirable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of skill with Excel and Word, and experienced with On-Screen Takeoff, Revit, and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of; drawing and technical specifications, labor costing and productivities, trade scopes definitions, local market conditions, and varied contractual terms and conditions.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and provide current supporting documentation.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED