Position: Vice President of Business Sales
Pay Range: $130,000 + DOE and Benefits
This position owns/manages the overall sales process designed for business customers; manages improvement in metrics for each stage of the sales process including solution development, negotiations and contracting. Responsibility for executing the mission and vision of Organization's business sales; supervises a large team of professionals and has the ultimate accountability for generating tens of millions of business revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Enterprise customers
- Responsible for generating tens of millions of incremental revenue and margin from target customer segments indicated below:
b. Telecom Carrier (Alaska and Nationwide) customers
c. Government - Federal, State, Local - customers
d. Small and Medium Business customers
e. Channel Partners - in and out of Alaska - to serve the above customer segments
- Own/manage the overall sales and service process designed for business customers; manage improvement in metrics for each stage of the sales and service process (aimed to measure how the Organization maintains a superior level of customer service and to identify how to continuously improve it)
- Position Organization with all external and internal constituents as the only choice for end to end telecommunications services with all segments of the Business market, with particular emphasis on the Enterprise sub-segment
- Provide regular, concise, value-added market intelligence to the entire company to ensure Organization remains positioned as the best telecommunications company in Alaska.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to all the members of the Business Sales and Service organization, especially the direct reports listed above
- Provide leadership, direction, instruction, and assistance to assigned staff. Set performance targets for staff and continual feedback regarding performance in comparison to targets. Provide guidance to correct off-target behavior and when appropriate, initiate disciplinary action.
- Build deep tenured relationships with selected critical, large, and strategic customers.
- Direct responses to corporate Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Have a deep understanding of customer value generated by Organization's products in Enterprise, Data, and Wireless.
- Team with Product, Marketing, Service Delivery, and Operations departments to ensure seamless and smooth support for Enterprise customers.
- Find, develop, and build indirect sales channels through relationships with IT firms, Systems Integrators, and other third party agents/value add re-sellers.
- Drive strong relationships with National carriers to effectively serve and provide nationwide solutions to Business customers.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to all the members of the Business Sales department.
- Execution Discipline - Ability to meet commitments - A strong commitment to meeting deadlines and commitments and driving the organization to deliver on such commitments. Personal leadership - Demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of work, lead by example, and demonstrate strong personal accountability and ownership. Staying focused on the end game - and managing all dials to get to the desired outcomes.
- Business and Process Leadership - (Strong expertise in telco service provider / carrier process and procedures). A keen understanding of key telco processes (retail/sales/service, ordering/service delivery, network management, customer support) and the ability to map processes and understand inter-linkages to each other and to the systems that support the processes. Strong ability to coordinate with sales, service, engineering, field operations, finance and other departments in the company. Strong capabilities in vendor management and integrating vendor provided support into technical and process functions of the engineering organization. Ability to drive process metrics and measures, measurement points in a process, and the ability to drive improvement and process change.
- Customer Centricity - An attitude of customer as the key to success, and keeping the customer's interests’ paramount. Able to speak about the customer's business challenges and opportunities in a specific manner and if relevant, bringing that information into Organization so that telecom solution sets can be developed and then presented back to the customer.
- Technology Understanding and Expertise - Big picture view of telecom networks (Ethernet, IP, SONET, switching, wireless, microwave, satellite), the technologies, process and systems used to engineer, design, build and operate such networks. More importantly, understanding the technology trends that are of importance to your customers and having the skills to serve as a trusted advisor to customers in the technology space.
- Organizational Development - Building and leading staff / teams; coaching, mentoring skills. Ability to hire and lead a team of staff or multiple teams, with background and experience in performance development, evaluations, etc. Ability to serve as a mentor or coach for individuals or teams, develop skills, identify developmental opportunities and invest in building high performing teams.
- Financial Management - Ability to manage revenue and expense budgets; planning and forecasting, and active financial management. Business case development - Ability to develop business cases for specific initiatives.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations to customers.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Drive - Possesses a strong entrepreneurial drive coupled with an ability to formulate rational and value-creating technical and business proposals from developed leads and to recommend such proposals as strategic fits for the company’s businesses.
- Team Leadership - Creates an environment that engenders a highly engaged workforce. Actively facilitates the growth and development of team members. Sets vision and strategy for the department, and acts as change catalyst when necessary. Constantly communicates with team about matters such as corporate initiatives, annual performance, and their own growth and performance.
- Lean Leadership - Actively grows and promotes lean process improvement usage within department and within Company. Strives to eliminate all waste – that which does not bring value to the customer – through the use of Lean Process Improvement.
Skills and Abilities
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Telecommunications, or other industry relevant field.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in Business segment sales of comparable industries, telecomm industry preferred. Minimum of three (3) years in a senior level management position.
Computer Skills: Demonstrable proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite to include, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
Certificates & Licenses: Driver's License is required.
Other Requirements: Track record in each of the responsibilities identified for this position. Assuring employees continue to advance their skills, get mentoring, motivation and compensation appropriate to deliver the company’s goal of double digit revenue and margin growth. Recognized by customers as having superior consultative selling abilities including solution development, negotiations and contracting. Recognized by employer, employees and customers as having excellent interpersonal skills. Experienced leader in process improvement and metrics management.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED