Position: Accountant Analyst
Pay Range: DOE
Work with other members of the Finance team to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, reconciling, and entering transactions. The main focus is to assist with core accounting duties and to prepare various analytical reports related to business operations. Also operates and maintains the Forecast Model and assists with periodic variance analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Controller with the periodic financial statement closing process.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze various account reconciliations, including, but not limited to inventory, receivables, and other current assets.
- Performs all aspects of accounts payable functions.
- Coordinates the corporate credit card program.
- Operates and maintains the Company’s Forecast Model.
- Prepares periodic analyses of variances between actual and expected results.
- Assists the Controller with preparation activities related to the annual external audit.
- Performs financial analysis in support of new business opportunities and re-bids for existing business to ensure compliance with Company profitability and risk standards.
- Assists the Controller with internal and external financial, performance and management reporting.
- Assists the Controller with the preparation of tax and regulatory filings.
- Prepare and analyze forecasts related to various business operations, including revenue and cost related projections and provide reports detailing findings.
- Performs analysis of monthly expenses by various remote work sites, including comparison, forecasted results and provides reports detailing findings.
Secondary Job Functions
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Cultivates effective working relationships with Operations management and personnel.
- Completes special projects under the direction of the Controller and/or CFO.
- Assists with Accounts Receivables and special projects, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate an expert level Microsoft Excel ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete account reconciliations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and employees.
- Ability to function as a team player and able to work independently.
- Thorough working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to perform complex financial analysis of business transactions.
- Ability to produce complex financial reports and provide detailed information with accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to propose policies and procedures that improve and/or maintain the effectiveness of daily financial operations.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
- Must be analytically minded.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours, if necessary or required.
- Must have ability to work independently and be a self-starter as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must have an effective time management system and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Two to four years of professional experience in Accounting.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- CPA and GP designation, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP System, preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid state operator’s motor vehicle license and an acceptable driving record, per Company’s insurance requirements.
Some travel may be required.
- Operates office equipment such as a computer, telephone, fax machine, postage meter, copier, etc.
- Typically, this position works in an indoor, office environment, but may also be required to travel and work in remote, hot and cold climate conditions at various work sites.
- Ability to drive occasionally.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and reaching.
- Frequently required to talk or hear, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel, push, pull, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to see objects far and near.
- Must be able to lift, pull, and push at least 25 pounds of weight of various objects.
- Must be able to bend and squat.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday), with an hour break for lunch each day with the time varying depending on business needs. Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. AC&SS reserves the right to make any revisions to this job description with or without notice and with approval by the Vice President of Human Resources.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED