Position: Maintenance Division Manager
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Pay Range: DOE + Benefits
The incumbent, under the direction of the Public Works Director, supervises the Maintenance Staff and is responsible for planning, administering, and budgeting maintenance at all facilities. This includes establishing, implementing, and evaluating division-wide standards and procedures for all maintenance work performed on buildings to ensure such work is in accordance with all applicable codes, statutes, and laws. Incumbent works with the Department Management Team to provide technical input and evaluation and recommendation of proposed facility improvements (with emphasis in mechanical and electrical systems and controls), major repairs, renovation or new construction of buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, directs, supervises, and evaluates maintenance division employees.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises activities involving the improvement, maintenance, operation, regulation and protection of buildings; manages the work activity of building maintenance personnel. Determines work priorities and sequence for implementation and completion.
- Develops, administers, and controls the maintenance budget.
- Oversees a computerized maintenance management program for tracking the timing and costs associated with planned and completed maintenance activities, including scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Oversees the Underground Storage Tank (UST) inspection program.
- Develops, sets, and implements maintenance standards, policies, and procedures. Ensures OSHA/Safety compliance and coordinate appropriate safety training for staff.
- Makes recommendations for standard equipment, systems, and design parameters for existing and proposed facilities.
- Monitor and pay utility bills for facilities.
- Coordinate, oversee and manage a variety of contracted and in-house maintenance projects.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of a building energy management program.
Successful candidate may be required to pass a comprehensive civil, criminal, educational and/or credit background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ECPD or ABET accredited college with an emphasis in commercial, public and institutional facilities. Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Professional registration as an engineer and the ability to become registered in the State of Alaska within six months of hire is required, mechanical engineering registration preferred.
- Minimum five years proven responsible supervisory and management experience in public facilities maintenance or a closely related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience, and demonstrated knowledge and expertise in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, and energy management control systems.
- Knowledge of practices, procedures, materials and equipment typical of building and facilities construction, maintenance and operations; safety and compliance; appropriate building usage and repair procedures; building plans, specifications, codes and engineering principles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and contracting procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management and control.
- Demonstrated effective division-wide budget implementation and control.
- Up-to-date knowledge of HVAC and Energy Management Control Systems (EMCS) trends, equipment, and technology with an emphasis on programming and architecture of direct digital control systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations relevant to engineering.
- Ability to maintain effective, harmonious relationships with the staff and the general public.
- Demonstrated familiarity with personal computers and experience with Microsoft Windows based word processing, spreadsheet, and database software is required. Experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications or have relevant experience will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED