Position: Chief Financial Officer
Pay Range: $140K+ DOE
The fundamental purpose of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position is to direct and coordinate the financial objectives and obligations of the organization, both inside and outside of the company. His or her primary responsibility lies in maintaining a financially solvent organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the CEO and Executive Staff in developing long-term strategic direction, corporate goals, analyzation and evaluation of business opportunities, policies, and objectives required to accomplish a high degree of success in those competencies in a competitive environment.
- Provides direction to the Controller in the preparation of all financial reports.
- Oversees the development of financial forecasting and modeling tools along with staff expertise to implement and sustain a routine long range financial forecast process to inform management of the impact of alternative investment, operations, and regulatory reform scenarios.
- Meets with the CEO monthly, to review the financial performance of the company and provides the board an update at their monthly meetings, if requested.
- Oversees and directs the company wide capital and expense budget preparation including monitoring and ongoing reporting of results to management. Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction, if a correction to planned expenditure and/or operations is required.
- Reviews budget and forecast reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against actual totals, and suggests methods of improving the operations and planning processes as appropriate. At least quarterly, meets with the CEO to review financial performance of the company and each department in regards to the budget. Provides recommendation for alternative action, as necessary to ensure the financial and operational solvency of the combined companies.
- Collaborates with the Strategic Planner to ensure that all Business Cases and other analyses are in order before implementing significant capital and operational decisions.
- Analyzes company operations and financial performance to recognize opportunities and areas that could be streamlined, improved and/or made more efficient.
- Responsible for oversight of Regulated Revenues which includes, tariffs, revenue requirement studies, regulatory rate proceeding and pool administration.
- Provide oversight to in the development of state and national regulatory policies that support the interests of the cooperative. Actively participate in industry organizations committed to the ideals of the organization. Assist in the education of customers, regulatory staff, and employees relative to changes in the regulatory environment.
- Provide an administrative point of contact for telecommunications companies and for regulatory agencies to coordination of requests for space and power agreements, connecting carrier issues such as billing contracts, and responding to formal complaints from regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the overall relationship with banks, lending and/or financial institutions.
- Responsible for overseeing the company’s corporate credit card and employee expense reimbursement programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the company’s risk management programs.
- Responsible for the company’s overall internal control system of checks and balances.
- Oversees the financial performance, liabilities and selection of discretionary management-determined variables, as associated with the companies’ pension funds.
- Responsible for staff development including, but not limited to, appropriate placement, training, technical and management guidance goal setting and performance appraisals.
- Four-year college degree in in at least one of the following areas: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Law, Public Administration, or Finance.
- Experience in a multi-business unit and multi-location retail environment, as well as leadership and strategic responsibilities within a $50M - $500M organization required.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience leading to CFO responsibilities, 5 years in a managerial role with 3 years as a Finance Director or Treasurer/Controller, VP of Finance or CFO.
- Experience and a working knowledge within the telecommunications regulatory arena essential.
- In addition current, practical, and applicable skills in executive management, accounting, strategic planning, finance, regulatory environment, contract and risk management.
- Equally important to the CFO position are good analytical skills, an excellent rapport with CEO, Board of Directors, executive peers and subordinates, established communication skills, a solid business background, and the ability to lead diverse work groups with a broad range of knowledge, skills and abilities. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and or CPA certification is preferred.
- Must have proven relationships in the financing communities and experience in organic and external expansion strategies, strategic planning experience, excellent leadership and communication skills, excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills, and a stable employment history. Candidates with a CPA or MBA and having a strong Cooperative and telecommunications experience are preferred.
All qualified candidates who meet or exceed the above Position Qualifications will be contacted.
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED